curbside recycling program
The Recycling Bus is a converted school bus, which you can see driving up and down the streets of Yorkton every Tuesday to Friday, providing our residents with curbside recycling service. All recyclable materials are sorted and delivered to the Kinsmen Recycling Centre where the materials are processed and shipped to Regina and/or other brokers.
If you would like to join our curbside program, hereís how:
- Download a printable information card for proper recycling preparations
- Go to the retail store of your choice and purchase transparent bags. They may be tinted (most common in blue), but must be transparent. You can use the size that best suits your household needs.
- Have your bags out on the curb by 8:00 a.m. on your collection day.
Put bags at curb on designated Pick-up Day by 8:00 A.M.
If you donít have your brochure you can download and print your own
- standard GreenSweepBrochure
Accepted: Aluminum containers, tin cans, beverage containers, milk cartons, plastic beverage bottles, plastic bags and any household plastic with a number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 in the middle of the recycling logo, brown paper bags and tissue roll cores, corrugated cardboard and paperboard (cereal boxes), magazines and catalogues, telephone books, junk mail and envelopes, letter quality paper, gift wrap and packing paper. (NOTE: All containers/tins should be rinsed prior to disposal, plastic liners or windows should be removed from boxes and cardboard/paperboard boxes should be flattened)
If you have any questions about our curbside pick up, go to our FAQs page, or call our Administration Office at 786-1840 for more information.
- Yorktonís curbside recycling program